At Haystack, we believe privacy is first a right, then followed by a choice. It is our goal to help individuals maintain their right to privately and securely protect their personal data, all the while giving them the choice to with whom it is shared. The company understands that having the right of choice in certain important areas of life is paramount to living in peace and happiness. Although this is only one of those certainly important areas of life, Haystack was born to assist here.
We are driven by your success. We engage your unique talents and perspectives. We welcome your ideas on how to do things differently and better. In your efforts to achieve, learn and grow, we support you all the way. If creating excites you, success motivates you and the blood of a true entrepreneur runs through your veins; you belong at Haystack.it.
We are driven by our statement of CORE values: DO YOU in all areas of life – LIVE. Work. Play. Where “DO YOU” is an acronym for:
- Dig in and be determined
- Open your minded to the endless possibilities
- Yield neither to opposition nor competition; avoid mediocrity, seek greatness
- Over deliver on things that matter and over achieve on things unsure
- Understand the benefits for all
Upon successful completion of the internship, Haystack will review overall performance and determine which candidate is best suited to grow into a Part-Time or Full-Time Associate role.
The following are listed as it relates inclusively to Haystack.it as a company and its parent company’s portfolio of startups and early staged companies.
Job Duties & Responsibilities
We are seeking several interns to work for substantial experience and college credit with a flexible 10 hrs/week for 12-15 weeks tailored to the intern’s schedule. We need interns to immediately review, redesign, fix, and develop websites using WordPress and WordPress themes. Familiarity with business oriented WordPress themes is greatly preferred.
Applicable candidates include:
University student with a background in at least one of the following:
- Website Development/Design (particularly WordPress Dev/Design)
- HTML, CSS, PHP
- Computer Science
While working on various website projects, our interns have opportunities to broaden their knowledge and real world experiences while developing and enhancing skills in web design, graphic design, illustration, marketing, leadership, customer service, team-building, project management, time management, strong social skills, and problem-solving. This experience will undoubtedly broaden an intern’s networking skills and sharpen technical skills. This is an excellent opportunity to gain valuable experience for your resume, build a strong foundation, build a new network, and will result in a great reference.
- Edit and fix company websites to combat bugs and small errors
- Design website layouts and architecture to maximize user experience and SEO
- Design or modify background and header images for websites and social media pages/profiles
- Design email marketing and email newsletter templates to match websites
- Manage projects- must be able to communicate and collaborate with supervisor and other designers and writers
Qualified interns must possess the following skills and abilities:
- Web development
- Basic HTML/CSS coding knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of how to build and customize a Word Press based website
- jQuery, MySQL experiences helpful
- Adobe Creative Suite or other design program knowledge preferred
- Drawing/sketching skills preferred
- Creativity in vision and ability
- Timely approach to responsibilities
- Good communication skills
- Good time management and ability to prioritize projects and tasks
- Strong attention to detail
Salary: Minimum Wage/hour during internship; effective and commencing in 3rd week of work.
What You Will Get in Return
- Real world experience in one of the coolest companies in Atlanta
- Career development and entrepreneurial coaching
- Fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Opportunities to bring your own ideas to market
- Opportunities for stock options in startups where applicable
Uber Brands (UberBrands.io)
Developing Apps Is Our Business…
But listening to what people need is our mission.
Uber Brands’ focus is to identify needs in niche markets and then build solutions to satisfy those needs and then work to transcend those niche markets into global acceptance and desirability by the masses.